Thursday, May 23, 2013

An Everyday Look Featuring YSL's BabyDoll Collection.

Hi Dolls,

I would like to share with you a simple, everyday look featuring some of YSL's Babydoll for Spring/Summer 2013.

I normally wear this type of makeup since it is very simple, requires few products and gives an immediately made-up look.

A new love for me are YSL products.  I know they have been around forever but I have always trusted Chanel and for the longest time I guess I only have Chanel (and Nars) products, I trust them, they are very consistent, but YSL makeup is something that I would grab for fun and now I have for you YSL's new Babydoll Collection for Spring/Summer 2013 and I just fell in love with the colours in the collection, everything so bright and ready for the summer!



YSL's Rouge Pur Couture Vernis a Levres in Rose Babydoll is a bright fuschia lip colour and like most Glossy Stains, they are heavily pigmented and beautifully glossy on the lips.  I did read a lot of blogs about the application techniques for these babies but I realised I can have full control over the colour if I use a lipbrush, which I have done for this look (it does look pretty much bright red on my lips doesn't it? But in real life it looks a rich red with heavy pink tones):



and another shot, taken without a flash:

The YSL Babydoll Liquid Eyeliner in Lumiere Bleu (Blue Light, No.11) is also something that is not to be missed for those who loves liquid eyeliners.  It looks like a dull, metallic teal-ish/blue but the word dull is not to be used for this colour once it is applied on the lids as it applies very smooth, a little watery but its not much of a bother.  I did find the applicator wand a little too long for me but I did use it for this look and I guess it takes a while to get used to, so, I didn't bother with it the next time and just grabbed myself an eyeliner brush and swiped it on the applicator tip to apply directly on the lids, and it worked just fine.

Lastly, I know it is not part of the Babydoll Collection but it is worth nothing that the blush I have used is from YSL's Arty Stone for Spring Collection 2013 Creme de Blush in Red Agate (No.7) since I did not think the blush from the Babydoll collection (which is No.8 'Babydoll') would be suitable for my colouring.  This one applies like a dream, I guess like all Creme de Blush.  It is so natural and light as air that you forget you have it on after application but you are left with a beautiful naturally blushed cheeks.

Here is another look of all the makeup I have used, taken with flash:


I hope you have enjoyed this little makeup review, thanks for reading!

YSL Babydoll Collection is available from 22 May 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment