Friday, May 31, 2013

YSL EYELINER Babydoll Collection in Lumiere Mordore, Lumiere Bleu, and Lumiere Amethyste

Not In Love?  You would be!

You definitely would be with liquid liners once you try the new liquid liners from Yves Saint Laurent's Spring/Summer Collection Babydoll 2013.  The colours are just breathtaking!  Ok, maybe each and everyone of us has an eyeliner, liquid or not, in blue, violet or even boring brown...but YSL's topped the notch with this season's Babydoll Collection and I am here to show you why I feel like writing a post immediately after swatching the colours!

But for now, I won't review them, all I know is that they stay put for HOURS (I have been wearing them almost nonstop to test how well they wear on my lids), the colours are very pigmented and true to color, and it feels very light and non-sticky or tacky at all.  They are beautifully sparkly and seriously, I am just impressed, I love these things!

So here are the pretty things for you Dolls to drool over that you will want to own them all too!

The YSL Babydoll Eyeliners featured here are Lumiere Mordore #10 (Golden Brown Light), Lumiere Bleu #11 (Blue Light) and lastly, Lumiere Amethyste #12 (Amethyst Light).

Photo taken without flash, you can already see how beautiful the colours inside are.



Photo taken with flash:






Now for the swatches, time to get playful, the colours are intense enough that depending on lighting they are dark enough to line the eyes though they will not going to be mistaken for a black (taken without flash):



And another one, taken without flash in yellow tone lighting:



And up close, notice how the angle affects the overall colour shading & effect of these liquid liners (without flash):


Taken with flash, now you see the beautiful micro-shimmer:



See what I mean?  I really love them, and I do own other liquid liners with more intense colours, but these are so not tacky at all, easy to apply (I have mentioned in my other blog featuring this liner that I prefer swiping a real eyeliner brush instead of using the actual wand included with this because I can control the thickness and the lines I made better with a brush, the wand is long which I am not used to although it does give a very precise and sharp line if one is used to it) and the colours are just a win for me.  I have worn these with eyeshadows but when I am in a hurry I use them without a base because the colour payoff alone of these liquid liners are intense enough that they could even pass as an eyeshadow (depending on how thick you do your line).

I hope you have enjoyed the pictures and I hope they are helpful in your decision to take them home with you next time you are at a YSL Beauty counter.  

Thanks for reading!

x




No comments:

Post a Comment